Be kind and considerate
Respect personal space and common courtesy rules for personal interaction.
Be aware of your surroundings
Be mindful of others around you to ensure a great experience for your fellow participants.
Refrain from displaying any demeaning, harassing, aggressive, or intimidating materials or behavior.
Dress and behave in a professional manner.
Do not damage private or communal property.
FOLLOW THE RULES
Obey the rules and regulations of the venue. This includes, but is not limited to, securing permission to attend by either a) registering in advance and providing complete and truthful information in the process or b) communicating directly with a staff member of CleanTech North before the event starts.
If you fail to secure such permission, or disregard notice that your registration is being cancelled for any reason, and attend anyway (in other words, “crash”) you will not be permitted to attend any future events of CleanTech North. You will be required to leave and stay away, if necessary by force of law (service of notice of trespass).
REPORT INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOUR
Promptly report any behaviour that makes you or others feel uncomfortable to the nearest CleanTech North or host representative.
Inappropriate behavior—harassment, aggression, and intimidation.
- Harassment, aggression, and intimidation are hurtful and interfere with other people’s experience and participation in our community. These behaviours are inappropriate and unacceptable.
- These behaviours can be related to, but not limited to: race, color, creed, gender (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, religion (including religious dress and grooming), marital status, domestic partner status, genetic information, age, national origin or ancestry, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by federal, provincial, or municipal laws.
- Inappropriate behaviour can take many forms such as slurs; jokes; derogatory statements; foul or obscene language; offensive clothing; leering; stalking; staring; gestures; pictures, drawings or cartoons; violating personal space by impeding or blocking another person’s movement or otherwise physically interfering with them; harassing photography or recordings; unwanted or offensive letters or poems; offensive email or voicemail messages; or social media postings.
CONSEQUENCES OF INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOUR
Inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated. If asked to stop behaving inappropriately, you should comply immediately.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to or remove any party from the event at any time. All determinations are at the sole discretion of CleanTech North, and the decision of the leading CleanTech North representative will be final.
- Severe breaches of this Code of Conduct may result in disqualification from participating in future events.
- Individuals expelled due to violating this Code of Conduct will not be eligible for a refund or other consolation.
This policy extends to talks, forums, workshops, social media, parties, hallway conversations, all attendees, partners, sponsors, volunteers, event staff, etc. You catch our drift. We reserve the right to refuse admittance to, or remove any person from, any CleanTech North hosted event (including future events) at any time in its sole discretion. This includes, but is not limited to, attendees behaving in a disorderly manner or failing to comply with this policy, and the terms and conditions herein. If a participant engages in harassing or uncomfortable behaviour, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning or expelling the offender from the event with no refund.
Our event staff can usually be identified by special badges/attire. Our zero tolerance policy means that we will look into and review every allegation of violation of our Event Community Guidelines and Anti-Harassment Policy and respond appropriately. Please note, while we take all concerns raised seriously, we will use our discretion as to determining when and how to follow up on reported incidents, and may decline to take any further action and/or may direct the participant to other resources for resolution.
Event staff will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing discomfort or harassment to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.